This 4-day sound therapy course, from the Colour of Sound Institute, providing advanced training in sound therapy, is for people who are keen to become professional practitioners and who are following our Diploma in Sound Therapy training program, either on-line or with our workshop-based courses.
Advanced Course in Sound Therapy –
11 – 14 July, 2014, The Assembly Rooms,
High Street, Glastonbury, Somerset, UK.
You can also attend this workshop as a stand alone event if you have already attended at least 4 days of prior workshop training with us, or if you have taken our on-line Certificate in Sound Therapy course or if you have completed similar training with another organisation.
Our workshops provide practical, hands-on training about sound therapy instruments and techniques. We focus on developing your skills and abilities to make an assessment of your clients’ needs and then to create and deliver an effective sound therapy treatment program.
On each day of the workshop, we’ll begin with some gentle stretches and a guided sound meditation to relax your body and calm your mind. There will be mixture of talks and practical demonstrations with plenty of time for you to practice and interact with others on the workshop.
Each day you will practice giving a 30-minute harmonic sound therapy session, using a selection of instruments and your voice appropriate to the ‘client’.
We’ll be working with the full range of sound therapy instruments: Tibetan and crystal singing bowls; tuning forks, our voices, tingshas, bells, harmony balls, drums, gongs, grounding and rhythm tools etc…
We aim to create a safe, supportive space during the workshop to enable you to release any blocks to realising your full potential as a professional sound therapist, or integrating sounds effectively into your existing health care practice.
The workshop fits with both our general and specialist Diplomas.
The Colour of Sound Institute is an Independent School accredited by the British Complimentary Medicine Association (BCMA), and has been successfully delivering sound therapy training since 2003.
The topics covered on this 4-Day Workshop include:
- Advanced assessment / diagnostic techniques
- The theory and practice of deep healing with resonance; intention; imagery and sounds
- The science of sound therapy: bio-resonance; bio-physics; the living matrix; and the relaxation system
- Healing frequencies and how to work with them
- How to develop and work with your intuitive and expressive capacities for effective sound therapy
- Working with sound and the 5 Elements / Meridian energy system
- Core health and wellness Coaching techniques to enhance the effectiveness of your practice
- Developing your skills for giving public sound baths
- Business models and mindsets for success as a professional practitioner
The cost of attending this 4-day workshop as a stand-alone event is:
Dublin: €280. You can get a €30 Early Bird Discount if you pay in full by 31 October 2013, making the cost €250.
Glastonbury: £197. You can get a £20 Early Bird Discount if you pay in full by 12 June 2014, making the cost £177.
Bookings and further information
To book onto this workshop, or for further information, please email:
or phone: +44 (0) 1208 873 974