Level 1 Foundation Certificate in Sound Therapy
With Tessa Greer
Director, Sound Healing Spa
Associate Teacher, Colour of Sound Institute
On this 4-Day course you will learn the basics of:
- Crystal and Tibetan Singing Bowls in Sound Therapy
- Tuning Fork Therapy
- Gong Therapy
- Drums and percussion for healing
- Voice for Health and Wellness, including mantras, chants and vocal toning
- Plus the basic theory and concept of Sound as a Healing Modality.
This course is open to therapists, musicians, teachers and those who have an interest in sound and it’s powerful healing effects.
No prior experience necessary, just a keen interest to learn more about ‘The Power of Healing Sounds’.
At the end of the 4-Day course, and upon completion of a Workbook, you will receive your Level 1 Foundation Certificate in Sound Therapy from the Colour of Sound Institute.
This Level 1 Foundation Certificate qualifies you to practice Sound Therapy techniques with your family and friends. As a therapist you will gain some skills and techniques that you can integrate into your current practice.
If you want to go further with sound therapy training, you can progress onto our Level 2: Practitioner Diploma in Sound Therapy, or take specialist courses focusing on one or more of the sound therapy instruments covered in the Level 1 course.
The Colour of Sound Institute is an independent school accredited by the British Complementary Medicine Association and has been providing training in sound therapy since 2003. It has students and practitioners in over 20 countries across 6 continents.
Course dates and themes:
Sunday 16 July 2016 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
Overview of Sound Therapy / Tibetan singing bowls
Sunday 17th July 2016 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
Crystal Singing Bowls / Tuning Fork Therapy
Sunday 13th August 2016 10.30 am – 4.30 pm
Introduction to Gongs / Voice for Health & wellness with Mantras, Chant and Vocal Toning
Sunday 14th August 2016 10.30 am to 4.30 pm
Drums and percussion for health and wellness
Bringing it all together to create your own sound therapy toolbox.
On each day of this practical, hands-on workshop course there will be some gentle warm-up exercises and a sound bath meditation. You will have the opportunity to practice the techniques taught on the workshop.
Clotworthy Arts Centre, Brantwood Gardens
Randalstown Road, Antrim, BT41 4JX, United Kingdom
4 – Days – £250
1 – Day – £70
Course Fee includes:
- Workshop Training, including printed Handbook
- Personal Sound Healing Percussion Kit
- Access to internet resources, including 33 Video Tutorials and 6 Audio Recordings in a private members’ portal of the Colour of Sound Institute
- Level 1 Foundation Certificate in Sound Therapy – upon successful completion of all 4-Days and the Workbook for the course
For further information and booking please contact:
Tel: 028 91 475592
Mobile: 077 9292 5128